Who we are?
This website is run by Ben Walker.
What data do we collect?
We collect your personal information through webforms when you make a purchase, or sign-up to a mailing list. We use this information to send you information regarding news updates.
- If you sign up to the mailing list, we will collect: your name, email address and your public internet protocol (IP) address.
- If you place an order, we will collect the following information: your full name, delivery address and email address.
How will we use your data?
The website collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with news updates
- We will not store your bank details. Payments are made securely through PayPal.
In the interest of providing a quality service, we use third party payment services providers who may be located in the United States (PayPal) to handle electronic or card payments. The payment provider (PayPal) handles electronic or card payments without the requirement for you to disclose your payment information or billing address to us.
How do we store your data?
All data is securely stored through third party websites including Mailchimp (used for the mailing list), Krystal Hosting Ltd, (the website’s host), and PayPal (on-line shop payments), who are all GDPR compliant
We do not currently store any personal data within our own files and are exempt from ICO compliance.
We would like to send you infrequent news and updates that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please visit this link
Alternatively, you can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of our emails.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: contact[at]benwalkermusic.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Securely processing any payments.
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
- Power our e-commerce process by remembering what is in your cart and work with PayPal.
- Measure use of the site so that we can measure and improve its performance including the number of page visits and traffic sources. To do this, we use the following third-party cookies:
- Google Analytics, operated by Google Inc. All user data collected by these cookies is in an anonymous form. You can view Google’s practices and position on privacy across Google Analytics here
- Facebook: We also use Meta’s pixel to identify users who have landed on certain pages for the purposes of target group-orientated remarketing and advertising. The Meta pixel stores a cookie, which means that information about your visit to the site will be shared with Facebook. These cookies and the information collected are used to create target groups to help Facebook deliver advertising on our behalf to users who have previously visited this site when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook Advertising, and to track advertising success. You can modify your Facebook Ad settings to restrict these advertisements. Navigate to Settings/Adverts in your Facebook account to adjust your preferences. Learn more about the different types of Facebook cookies here: www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
We use Paypal to process payment in our online-shop: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
Mailchimp manages our mailing lists: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Our website is hosted by Krystal Hosting Ltd: https://krystal.uk/terms#termsd
To enable the display of certain fonts on our website, a connection to the Google server in the USA is established whenever our website is accessed – https://policies.google.com/privacy
How to contact us
Email us at: contact[at]benwalkermusic.com
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that this document has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or call on 0303 123 1113